• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct CUCV M1009 Transmission Mounts??

jplace1011

Does anyone know the correct Transmission Mount(s) for a CUCV M1009? What’s the Part Number(s)?

This is the one I ordered on Amazon:

This is the one I ordered from 4 Wheel Parts:

I’m not sure why, but my mechanic buddy says the Black One (top pic) is wrong. Not sure why?!

Someone on Facebook told me the Black One is for the 2 Wheel Drive and the 4 Wheel Drive version doesn’t have a Transmission Mount, but does have an Adapter Mount that fits between the Transmission and Transfer Case. True?

I’m hoping to find out some info.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chevymike

4WD use the bottom style as they mount to the trans/transfer case adapter. Top one is 2WD model.

You can get the stock rubber style at NAPA, AutoZone, etc. If you really want urethane mounts, make sure you do the engine mounts too. If not, you risk cracking the trans as the front and rear mounts will move differently.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know the correct Transmission Mount(s) for a CUCV M1009? What’s the Part Number(s)?

This is the one I ordered on Amazon: This is for the trucks. I think you have a M1009 so this probably won't work. This is for the trucks, I just remembered you have an M1009 so this won't work.

This is the one I ordered from 4 Wheel Parts:

I’m not sure why, but my mechanic buddy says the Black One (top pic) is wrong. Not sure why?!

Someone on Facebook told me the Black One is for the 2 Wheel Drive and the 4 Wheel Drive version doesn’t have a Transmission Mount, but does have an Adapter Mount that fits between the Transmission and Transfer Case. True?

I’m hoping to find out some info.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a link at Amazon.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CN583Y/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_9?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Last edited:

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@ezgn glad I got the proper one! It should be here Sunday. I’ll let you guys know how it all goes.

I remember you recently installed the energy suspension motor mounts. Can you tell me what they are like compared to the stock ones?

jplace1011

I remember you recently installed the energy suspension motor mounts. Can you tell me what they are like compared to the stock ones?
@ezgn I haven’t driven it since they were installed. The bozo mechanic bent my Oil Pan while he installed the motor mounts. I was paranoid that the oil pump might be damaged and didn’t want to even drive it. So I had it towed to another mechanic I’ve used before.

The Oil Pan has already been replaced. I’ve just been waiting on finding the proper transmission mount. Now that I’ll have it, I’ll get a idea of how it all feels once the work is complete. I can let you know.

jplace1011

@ezgn I haven’t driven it since they were installed. The bozo mechanic bent my Oil Pan while he installed the motor mounts. I was paranoid that the oil pump might be damaged and didn’t want to even drive it. So I had it towed to another mechanic I’ve used before.

The Oil Pan has already been replaced. I’ve just been waiting on finding the proper transmission mount. Now that I’ll have it, I’ll get a idea of how it all feels once the work is complete. I can let you know.

The New Transmission Mounts are In!

*Update: Unfortunately there is a leak where the Transmission and Transfer Case meet. I’m going to take a look at it. Maybe there’s a Gasket there that needs changed. Or maybe a Bolt needs tightened.

On a Side Note, if anybody needs it, the Part #’s are:

Energy Suspension 3.1106G Transmission Mounts.

The Mounts also come in Red:
Energy Suspension 3.1106R Transmission Mounts.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks