• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

correct gaskets for filters

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the exact correct gaskets for the fuel filters on mep-0003 are available. i researched this since the replacements many other filter companies say fit DO NOT FIT. fram part number SP101489 can be special ordered from tractor supply or walmart. (free shipping at walmart)

tom

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to the local TSC today and ordered some. Should be in in 10 days or less. $5.40 for shipping.

Tom, do you know what material they are made from?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
eric, no i do not, but they are the same as the gaskets that come with the fram C1125PL filters. i am going to order some from walmart since the shipping to the store is free according to fram.

tom

Happyland1410

Fuel Strainer Gasket?

Would I be correct in assuming that the gasket for the fuel strainer canister is the same as the one for the fuel filter canisters? I'm cleaning the fuel system before I try to fire up my new mep-002a. I had already ordered the new FRAM filters but when I pulled the strainer canister I found that the gasket was damaged.

m-35tom, were you able to get the SP101489 gaskets from wal-mart? If so, did you order them online or at a store?

Though it can probably be reused, I'm also going to look for a new brass washer that goes under the acorn nut on the strainer canister. Has anyone found a good source for them?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
yes they are the same, and probably for many other gen sets as well. just order them from the store, tire & lube department. free shipping, took about 3 days and about .64¢ each. copper washers at any auto parts store worth your time.

tom

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys do know that the NAPA 5131 gasket fits the canister just fine, right? That is the part number for the gasket alone. They can get it for you, although they might not want to, but it is available.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
tom, i got that number and it did not fit at all. it had to be forced in the groove and then the length was a real issue. probably from a different batch or manufacturor, but the fram gasket is made for the fram housing. some may be lucky and some not.
plus if you have to pay shipping it's way more $$$

tom

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There must be some discrepancy in the housings or the gaskets...like you said, maybe a different batch, because the ones I got fit great. For future reference you can get the complete correct OEM filter and gasket set from rockauto.com and race-mart.com if you didn't already know.

Happyland1410

yes they are the same, and probably for many other gen sets as well. just order them from the store, tire & lube department. free shipping, took about 3 days and about .64¢ each. copper washers at any auto parts store worth your time.

tom

Thanks!!! I will check with my local store tomorrow.

I know it has been said many times before but this site is truly filled with great information and great people. [thumbzup]

Happyland1410

Just FYI: I ordered the FRAM C1125PL filters from Amazon for $6.54 each and shipping is free if your total order is over $25. They also had the FRAM CH6PL oil filter for $8.43.

Happyland1410

Update: I went to my local wal-mart today and had no luck. The tire and lube center person had no clue and said they had no way to order FRAM gaskets. :-(

I then went to Tractor Supply. They were very helpful. It took them a while on the phone but they were able to order the SP101489 gaskets for me. They were $0.42 each plus there was a $5 shipping charge. They tried to get them just mailed free but their vendor only shipped via UPS.

While waiting at Tractor Supply I noticed that they actually had a couple of the FRAM CH6PL oil filters on the shelf. From the fading on the boxes it appears that they have been there for a long time.

Happyland1410

I picked up my fuel canister gaskets from Tractor Supply today. Here are pictures of the fuel filter, oil filter, and gaskets for future generator newbies like me.

FYI:
The gasket on the ruler is the fuel canister gasket (FRAM SP101489)
FRAM CH6PL oil filter came with a variety of gaskets.
FRAM C1125PL fuel filter came with a canister gasket

Attachments

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fuel filters I got did not have the right gasket. They were alittle too big. I ordered SP101489 gasket from Tractor Supply. Cheap, I got 12 right away.

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys do know that the NAPA 5131 gasket fits the canister just fine, right? That is the part number for the gasket alone. They can get it for you, although they might not want to, but it is available.
Don't order part number 5131 from NAPA. You will get what is shown on the attachment.

Attachments

cpenni

it took me 2 days on the phone with fram, walmart and tractor supply but finally got both of them to order them. me and the lady at fram are on a first name basis now.