• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct Green for a USAF truck

FreightTrain

Banned
What is the correct shade of green for a 1968 USAF M543A2 wrecker?Should be the same for all trucks of that time frame.Mine has a solid green color under the Merdc.Not quite hte brownish green color normally associated with Vietnam era trucks.

FreightTrain

Banned
oh,I will say I wanted to find strata blue.I like that color but seeing as this truck never was that color I can't paint it that color.I want to get a couple gallons of the correct green so I can paint the cab assembly before installing it on the truck and whatever othe parts I pickup to put on it.Since this is technially a frame off restoration.....not cause I want to but cause I gotta replace nearly everything on it.....

hulk31st

All USAF trucks are not blue!

M-series Air Force trucks were a solid OD green, but I don't know what shade :cry:

Only 1/4 and 1/2 ton pickups were blue.:evil:

dpsmith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wondering the same thing. My 1986 Air Force m35a2c has the usual carc paint now but seems to have a darker solid green paint on the differentials door frames etc. Would like to know the original paint code.

moose53

Air Force TO 36-1-3 , 1988, calls for all tactical M-series vehicles to be painted with semi-gloss dark green color number 24052 of federal standard 595, conforming to MIL-C-83286. Administrative vehicles were strata blue.

Jim