• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct M1165A1 CDR Bolts?

tgejesse

Before you all call me dumb, I had read the TM (multiple of them... they all suggest 5/16-16x1.25... I have the bolts, and they did not fit.

I'm unfortunately not with the truck (in another state) to play trial and error or guess that bolt. Can anyone tell me an alternative bolt that may fit an M1165A1 CDR bracket?

Crapgame

Don't fit? how? 5/16" are too small diameter to fit the now stripped threads in the bracket? Or are you not reaching the threads in the bracket? The rubber bushings will compress as you tighten the 5/16" bolts, the rubber bushings compress, keep tension on the thin steel CDR mount which is about C shaped, its slotted, the compressed rubber bushings prevent it from moving, not that it would move much with the 2 rubber hoses attached to the CDR with clamps.

tgejesse

Don't fit? how? 5/16" are too small diameter to fit the now stripped threads in the bracket? Or are you not reaching the threads in the bracket? The rubber bushings will compress as you tighten the 5/16" bolts, the rubber bushings compress, keep tension on the thin steel CDR mount which is about C shaped, its slotted, the compressed rubber bushings prevent it from moving, not that it would move much with the 2 rubber hoses attached to the CDR with clamps.
I thought I was nuts so I even removed the CDR just to test the bolts directly on the bracket…

I guess at this point I need to buy bolts the next sizes down and just test them next time im with the truck.
Either that or get a new bracket.

Crapgame

I thought I was nuts so I even removed the CDR just to test the bolts directly on the bracket…

I guess at this point I need to buy bolts the next sizes down and just test them next time im with the truck.
Either that or get a new bracket.
Here's the CDR Bracket and CDR, showing the rubber bushings in the bolt slots and the 5/16" threaded bushing crimped in the bracket. The previous Operator would have had to strip out the bracket then retapped it for larger threads.

Attachments

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny thing, I ordered cdr bolts from Mac and when I got them I looked at them and said they are too short and will never work. I was amazed that I was able to install it with the bolts they sent me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks