• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct Model Year

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
It probably is AF but there is also a potential it was bought by them sent to the air guard and since they are state, they could have potentially sent it to the army guard. Never know, always a chance.

ICAT

yes it has a blue warrenty tag on the dash. I didn't know they made the deuce in to the 80s. I thought they were all rebuilds by that time.

ICAT

the date on all the paperwork from the air force shows 12/88. I will check the tag first thing in the morrning.

wsucougarx

Ok here you go. Look inside the glove compartment. There should be a rustproofing sticker in there by Chrystler. What month year is written on that sticker? Also, if you have a USAF the serial # of the truck will tell you the year of the truck (87k...., 88k.... 89k.....) If it's an army truck then it'll have a different serial numbering system. Also, the year stamped on the blue warranty plate (was not exclusive to USAF trucks only) will give you a good idea what year the truck is. judging by the presence of the PARKING BRAKE warning light you have a late modelled M35A2C that is either a '87, '88, or '89 manufactured truck.

ICAT

Yes, the serial # starts with 88K so I guess it is a 1988. I was just suprised the deuce was built so long. I don't mind that it is an model year 88. I was going to put in the our yearly car show and run it during the cruse night. They usually limit the first 2 or 3 hours to vehicles 1976 or older. I might be able to squeeze in. Everyone has been great with the help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks