• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cosmetic issues and vinyl cargo covers.

SE Jones

Ok. Putting a little fresh paint on the deuce to clean up her looks but I can't seem to get the cargo cover clean. Has anyone ever tried any rattlecan products on a vinyl cargo cover? I'll also take any ideas on cleaning products! I've already tried quite a few but the previous owner had it sitting under some trees and that black tree stuff is tough.

Should have said that it is 3 color Camo.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to pinch a penny or a pool store and get the real nasty clorine not the stuff you buy in a food store. Think it is like 12% and try that.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wesley's tire & white wall bleach, and a good brush. Spray and let soak a bit, then scrub. I've cleaned a couple of covers with it.

SE Jones

I tried a product called Krud Kutter. It's a house cleaner. Whe I used it with a scrubber I damaged the the paint, or whatever it is. Were any of the tarps you cleaned 3 color Camo?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just back from vacation; the tarps were tan and green, I did use the tire bleach on a small area of a 3 color cargo cover and it worked fine, I sprayed the cover with a little water to dilute so not to dull the finish.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks