• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cost for used 395's

ryker725

I found a guy that is getting in a load of 395's in the next week or so. He has both the Michelin and Goodyear in 395-85R20. I spoke with him last week and he said that he would put together a good set of used (80%+ tread) tires for about $160 - $175 each (depending on actual tread wear. His near new tires go for $200. I am seriously considering singling out my deuce.

These will be good, non drilled tires with good tread.

1. Which tire would suit me best, Michelins are Goodyears? I will not likely see much off road action other than the trip to the deer lease.. Even then it will be rock roads and some light mud. No bogs.. Most of my time will be on the highway. The Goodyear tread pattern looks like it would be a smoother ride on the highway...

2. Is $160 to $200 per tire a decent price for a used tire with decent tread?

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've bought used 395's from a couple vendors at $150 a piece. Finding them with decent tread is not my problem as some have had 95% but, getting them without ozone damage/cracking is the bigger issue for me. The last set of 395's I bought new so that I could run that truck farther from base with less worry of having tire trouble.

littlefoot

clint at CandC equipment has deals on tires and wheels. i have bought 2 sets and had them shipped, no problem 150-200$ is average price. the goodyears are MUCH better on the street than the mich. but either way you will love it .

Barneyszoo

clint at CandC equipment has deals on tires and wheels. i have bought 2 sets and had them shipped, no problem 150-200$ is average price. the goodyears are MUCH better on the street than the mich. but either way you will love it .
Just asking but how are the Goodyears better, I'm getting ready to get new tires for my bobber?

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Jimma

I purchased mine from a guy in Dawsonville, Ga who regularly deals in used military tires. He usually has a lot of hummer sized tires but gets in 395's on a pretty regular basis. Mine ranged from 75-85% tread and I paid about $80 each. I came home with six tires. 4 for the bobbed truck and 2 to use on my 105 trailer. I was able to pick them up, so there was no shipping, tax or anything else.

84crawling

Berg tire in NC is good to deal with, He's cheap and will email pic of the tires befor sending them..i got one from him a while back $75 he called it 50-60% actual was 24/32nd's not bad.

hdexpert

Keep in mind if you're running 395's on stock deuce rims you need to use 14.00-20 radial tubes. I have 8 left, they're new, made in the USA and are $40 each plus shipping.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I purchased mine from a guy in Dawsonville, Ga who regularly deals in used military tires. He usually has a lot of hummer sized tires but gets in 395's on a pretty regular basis. Mine ranged from 75-85% tread and I paid about $80 each. I came home with six tires. 4 for the bobbed truck and 2 to use on my 105 trailer. I was able to pick them up, so there was no shipping, tax or anything else.
Yup that's John, I've been helping him. [thumbzup]

Made a website for him as well. MILITARYOFFROADTIRES.NET - We're declaring war on high tire prices!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Does he ever get the 11.00 x 20 radials?
He can get just about anything. He tends to keep the 395's and larger "mud" tires in stock since they have an appeal to non MV's. Just give him a call and he'll pick up a set for you on the next load. I know he's got a few 12.5's though.