• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cost of cucvs new

kenny

Mine cost NEW 11,567.00 I paid 3,250 for it

OK I am going to blow ya'lls mind
I have all the paper work to this date all the way back to new on my 1985 M1008 sence February of 1985 it had 23 miles on it.

The invoice said 11,567.00 and yes I have the incoice that came with my truck and all the manuals oil change dates . Repairs ,,ECT..... untill the date I got it.

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hobie is correct in what he says.

In addition, the entire cost of Research and Development is divided by the number of the first items produced using it and added to their actual cost. Good examples of this are the B2 bomber and the V-22 Osprey. The technology to build those aircraft was expensive to develop, and if you build just a few, the cost per item looks ridiculous. But once paid for, that technology is there for future use and later aircraft (or whatever) will be cheaper per unit.

Also, the entire cost of maintenance, training, support, and spare parts is also included in the price of the items in the first contract. That may explain the cost of the M1009s.

One more item to consider is masking what you are doing. The F-117 (Stealth Fighter) was a well concealed program, and had actually been in service for several years when it was still being talked about in respected aviation circles as a possible test project.
This is where a lot of the $6000 toilet seats came from. Every dollar spent by the US military has to be accounted for in budgets, which are open records. Those-who-are-not-our-friends (and those-who-are) read these with great interest to see what we are up to, and a lot can be determined just from how much we are spending in certain areas. The entire stealth program was masked by having its budget assigned to toilet seats, screwdrivers, and hammers etc. of ridiculous cost. While folks were hollering about those, no one was asking "What did this $Xm get spent on??".

That was lengthy, sorry.
Cheers

saddamsnightmare

February 5th, 2010.

The reported cost to the government in 2007 of a new Chevrolet CUCV Ambulance, with everything except the medical gear, was said to be about $90-92,000 with the ambulance box mounted, but no light bar (siren/lights). GM let a lot of these ambulances not taken to iraq to its dealers, back in W.Va. in 2007 they were being sold new at about $29-30,000. At least that is what the paperwork I saw with two of the ambulances in Charlestown<W.Va. were indicating as the price complete..

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:p

eraser

TO put the above into perspective now days the ambulance that I work in cost in the neighborhood of $150,000 as a base model (IE-box, frame and cab ). this does not include the madatory things the D.O.T. says we hve to have and things that make life a little nicer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks