• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cost of M35A2 465 Diesel motor oil and filter change??

Desperado08

I need to know the cost. I have found oil filter with air cleaner and fuel filter set $100, I plan on buying the set. I want to really know the cost on the oil. That is my main concern. Any information on prices would be helpful. Thank you.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cheapest I've found is $9 a gal in 5 gal buckets at Tractor Supply. Shell Rotella 15w40. I bought 6 buckets of the stuff because it was so cheap.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
55 gal drum of 5w-40 for winter time ran me $500 a drum delivered 2 months ago. It is Mobil 5-40 synthetic. The distributor was not going to stock the mobil 5-40 anymore so I got the drum at almost cost. I jumped all over it.

My ford here lately I have been running the castrol 15-40 and i have had great results with it. Since that truck burns Rotella about a gallon every 3k miles compared to 1qt every 3k of the castrol. I think it is $12 a gallon.

It is just your choice and what you like. Some engines Rotella, some like the cheap walmart stuff. They are as temperamental as women :jumpin:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only run Rotella diesel in mine and when I fill up if I have any new opened jugs laying around I pour the remainder in the fuel tank. I usually buy the Rotella at Walmart. My Brother buys the 55 gallon drums at Sam's Club.

I really like adding the left over oil to the tank if I'm sitting at a gas station. I love the dumbfounded looks I get.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I only run Rotella diesel in mine and when I fill up if I have any new opened jugs laying around I pour the remainder in the fuel tank. I usually buy the Rotella at Walmart. My Brother buys the 55 gallon drums at Sam's Club.

I really like adding the left over oil to the tank if I'm sitting at a gas station. I love the dumbfounded looks I get.

Yeah and give all those tree hugging green people a stroke right on the spot.

joshs1ofakindxj

$596 for a 55 gal drum of Rotella at Sam's Club.

That is $10.84 per gallon. Not too shabby but I would hope for more of a discount on that quantity.

Desperado08

Confused

Okay my M35A2 manual says to use HD30 motor oil not 15w40 I'm a little confused because I see posts saying to use 15w40. I am running the 465 D in the Duece. Oh ya going to auction and gonna get me a 5-ton with short bed, not long bed, with 800miles on it and 700+ hours. Its a desert tan one too. 1983 model year.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Oil is pretty much oil. It all came from the same dinosaurs @$$! I dont advise straight 30 unless its cold cold. 15-40 is good in all conditions except extreme cold.

DeucesWild11

I bought Rotella 15-40 at Tractor Supply on sales for $59 for a 5 gallon pail. Not bad it's normally $65. Incase that helps ya'all. 2.5 gallon jugs are $33. still a fair price I think.. They have a generic brand too that's a little less..

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I used to watch walmart. 1 gallon was 13.24, then a 2.5gal pail was like $32, then the 5gal was $64. Save 44 cents by getting the 2.5gal over the 1 gal. But its more or less the sales tax that kills ya on everything. Glad we dont have one.

houdel

Okay my M35A2 manual says to use HD30 motor oil not 15w40 I'm a little confused because I see posts saying to use 15w40. I am running the 465 D in the Duece. Oh ya going to auction and gonna get me a 5-ton with short bed, not long bed, with 800miles on it and 700+ hours. Its a desert tan one too. 1983 model year.
IIRC, the LO used to say 10 wt in winter and 30 wt in summer. Back in the day, that was probably correct. But oils have changed a lot since the LO was written, pretty much everyone uses 15w-40 nowadays. Just make sure the package says for diesel service!

joshuaz223

55 Gallon drums are convenient but are usually more expensive than jugs. i have worked in industry and purchased lubes wholesale and it is true there also. the larger the container the more it costs. i still buy the drums because i get the drum and they are worth more to me than the plastic jugs.

Jimma

Sometime Delo is on sale for $10 a gallon at local auto parts stores. $10 x 6 gallons =$60. plus the two filters.

Drain old oil, filter it, pour it right into the tank. Savings = 6 gal of diesel at $3.85 = $23.10

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks