• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

could my fdc be stuck?

Katavic918

My deuce has always been hard to start but nothing major. The other thing I noticed is that my droop screw was out about a half an inch when I got it. I turned it in to an eight (stock setting) and it wouldn't start at all. So now I'm thinking my fdc might be limiting the fuel? Any ideas?

Ratchetop

:grd::grd::grd::grd:By pass it. I just did and wow what a difference. It's easy to do and takes about 30 minutes or so. There is a lot of info on here and step by step instructions. There is also vids on you tube that helped me a lot. My deuce runs so much better and starts a lot better.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
What does it do if you run fuel right to the inlet where the FDC outputs to?
Bypass EVERYTHING using known good clean fuel and comeback.
Put it into here

Anyhow you need to post pictures for the General.
There is no one on SS that does not want your engine to run good..............

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The FDC does nothing but restrict fuel to your I.P. and offer a chance to leak fuel into your crankcase oil. Bypass it and never look back.

Katavic918

Sounds unanimous. So now, when I bypass the fdc, I'm assuming I'll need to readjust the droop screw or its gonna smoke like a freight train? My thinking is that the droop screw has to be so far out because there is something wrong with the fdc.? Thanks all.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are all 3 fuel filters new? Is your intank pump function properly?

Katavic918

Well I bypassed it and was able to move the droop screw in a bit. It's still out about 7 threads. It does seem to drive differently and the idle is more stable. Before the idle would hold any where from 750-850. I'll let you all know how the next cold start goes. Thanks for all the help.