• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple m911 questions

DEMON

Couple quicky questions for the green iron noob here.

Anyone know the curb weight of an m911 tractor?

Is the lug patteren 10on285mm or 10on11.25" ?

Any idea what the diff gear ratio is?

What the difference between m911 and m920?

Thanks for any insight.

NSCoyote

gross vehicle weight 88,000 lbs. rated

diff ratio irrc is 6.21

there are a few differences between the 920 and the 911 beyond shear size comparison.

Last edited:

NSCoyote

m911 is 33K and change If i recall correctly, the 920 is smaller and more road friendly albeit lighter and less payload capacity.

if ya dont mind me asking are you looking at aquiring one or the other or for your own reference?

M911 weight 39,951 lbs

Last edited:

dittle

M911 is overwidth with duals on. M911 has an air operated throttle meaning that unless you have air pressure you have no throttle. If the M911 sits for a while and looses pressure prime in the fuel system you have to re-pressurize it before it will run (it will start but will drain out the fuel filter and not have the air pressure to re-prime). Re-priming is very easy to do however, done it many times recently.

R Racing

The m911 is a beast !! with dual rear winches. The m920 is concidered a medium duty with a single winch and you don't need a wide load permit for it.The m920 is no sloutch weighing in at over 31000 lbs .

DEMON

Someone abandoned an m911 at our shop after we overhauled the engine last year. So the company is looking to sell it to recover the bill. So I'm eyeballing to scoop it up.

If I super single it might bring the rear width down to legal. I think 8' 4" is max width around here. I'll measure it at work tommorrow.

uploadfromtaptalk1313967265359.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone abandoned an m911 at our shop after we overhauled the engine last year. So the company is looking to sell it to recover the bill. So I'm eyeballing to scoop it up.

If I super single it might bring the rear width down to legal. I think 8' 4" is max width around here. I'll measure it at work tommorrow.

View attachment 269570

That poor abandoned child.... SOMEBODY need to give it a good loving home :!:

indy4x4fab

Banned
DEMON, nice to see u on the greener side of thing, rofl. You got to save it, its like a lost puppy dog, dont let it go to the scrap yard like, like a hintz 57 pup going to the pound. :-(:sad:

DEMON

Couple more shots of it for kicks. The 5th wheel plate is higher than a standard truck for sure, but its equal to modern heavy haul trucks here's a newer Freightliner Columbia 1st pic. And an older Kenworth c500 2nd pic.

uploadfromtaptalk1314242238636.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1314242276761.jpg

Bighurt

Couple more shots of it for kicks. The 5th wheel plate is higher than a standard truck for sure, but its equal to modern heavy haul trucks here's a newer Freightliner Columbia 1st pic. And an older Kenworth c500 2nd pic.
Different Pin size...

The biggest issue with M911 is fuel mileage and tire availability.

DEMON

I understand the military pin vs civilian. Was just noting, as someone I recalled was having trouble with standard trailers on one. But all the oilfield haulers I'm around have trailers that work. Some have risers built into the suspension mounts. Some have necks that double pivot too. I'll try to find some pics of the winch trucks doing a rig move with the live rolls pulling skids.

Bighurt

I understand the military pin vs civilian. Was just noting, as someone I recalled was having trouble with standard trailers on one. But all the oilfield haulers I'm around have trailers that work. Some have risers built into the suspension mounts. Some have necks that double pivot too. I'll try to find some pics of the winch trucks doing a rig move with the live rolls pulling skids.
I know what your referring to as I'm familiar with the industry. But most truckers prefer a level or near level deck. The C500 with a standard trailer looks like a ramp.

rorybellows

vannetta? hes got a whole website for his equipment. wa using a 123, then the 911. made the trailers he was "dragging" look dwarfed. a good read, if your bored. some good info too

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks