• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple of MEP-803a questions

TrailLifeBill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After trolling this site for several years, I am the proud owner of my first MEP genset ( http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=11446619 )
I picked her up just in time for Hurricane Matthew (made the pickup while we were evacuated), got her home and inspected, topped all fluids, and fired her right up. The engine looks brand new (as does the alternator, belts, hoses, etc.) - there is a RESET sticker on the outside end, but no other info that I can see that would indicate when/where a reset was done. Any ideas on where it may be hidden?? There are a few maintenance documents in a side bin, but nothing referencing the reset. The hour meter says 8700 hours, but a) I have read enough in these forums to know that's not reliable, and b) this engine looks brand new. I'm considering buying a new Hobbs meter just to "zero time" my own records for maintenance - and I'm pretty sure I have a darned close to brand new engine.

Also, one side of the generator has a pretty good dent in the vertical support behind the door. How hard is it to tear it down and try to straighten it out? Not a huge issue for me, as it isn't affecting operation at all.

I found a M116 trailer to keep it mobile, and am going to get either a tarp, or fabricate a box cover to keep the critters out of it (wasps, lizards, spiders, etc) - and plan to build a pole-barn style shed to park it under so that it's not as exposed to the elements.

Many thanks to all the contributors on this forum who help educate us newbies!! (Now to convince the other half that we really should get an M931 and M129a3 trailer to convert to an RV)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks