• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple of ?

nspctr1

I have a 2 man set up and after spending a few days cleaning the mud and trash out of it, it decided to rain. not sure where the mud came from but there is mud now in the floors again. My problem ? tho is, is there some sort of gasket that goes under neath the bulkhead? There is about a 1" gap between the floor and bulkhead and I get a ton of leaves blowing through.
Second, The electrical connections on the truck are super tight. I can't even pull some of them apart. Anyone have any tips on getting these separated?

Thx

BLK HMMWV

You do know you bought a HMMWV right. They all leak .
Don't pull by the wires . you need to twist them apart. Apply a little dielectric grease when putting back together.

Wire Fox

I have a 2 man set up and after spending a few days cleaning the mud and trash out of it, it decided to rain. not sure where the mud came from but there is mud now in the floors again. My problem ? tho is, is there some sort of gasket that goes under neath the bulkhead? There is about a 1" gap between the floor and bulkhead and I get a ton of leaves blowing through.
Second, The electrical connections on the truck are super tight. I can't even pull some of them apart. Anyone have any tips on getting these separated?

Thx
Whenever I get a stubborn one, I'll grab a small flat head screw driver and use it to carefully slide around the inside of the boot. That gets the rubber separated and helps take back just a little bit of that friction holding the connectors together. Don't pry, as you might tear the boot or damage the actual contacts.

Stonewall

the short answer is no, there is not a stock gasket for under the bulkhead. some owners have made their own set up, but these things leak, and that is why there are so many holes in the floor pan. there is typically tons of mud and sand under the mats and down in the rear seat wells.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use silicon spray and a harbor freight dental pick to get the connectors apart

Chief_919

We usually got piece of pipe insulation and wrapped them around the bottom edge of the bulkhead as a seal. More for cold air than water but it blocked most of the water stopped too once you pushed it down into place and bolted it on.