• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cover of the ventilation intake - M1009 / Chevrolet Blazer K5 Diesel

Elektroman99

Hello Steel Soldier Community,

Short and simple question, since I have not found this section in TM.
How can I disassemble this cover of the ventilation intake?
I would like to disassemble this so I can seal the rubber windshield gasket on the bottom edge as well.
Is there a diagram that shows the individual components of the cover and what is the way to disassemble this?
(Can it be done without dismantling the hood or fender sheet metal)?

20230730_162552_v2.jpg

Best regards
Elektroman99

Barrman

You have to pull the wiper arms. Then with the hood open you can see the bolts for the cowl panel at the top of the firewall. The wiper arms is the hard part of the procedure. Coming off and going back on lined up. Mark them somehow before hand.

Elektroman99

Ah, ok, yes, I had to remove and add the windscreen wipers once. So the two screws in the engine compartment on the fire wall at the back are the only attachment, thanks. :) (y)

BGR

Be careful you don't break the washer jet nozzles when you go to pull it as they are attached to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks