• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cowl Clogged Water leaking in cab

stationjj

Hey,

In my part of the country we have been getting a ton of rain. I actually saw the sun for a few hours today in over a week.

Anyway I noticed that I have water leaking under my dash. It is right where the GP controller Card modules attaches.
I checked under the dash, but I couldn't detrmine where the water is coming from. Everything else seems dry.

I am thinking that maybe it's a clogged cowl drain? Has anyone else had this issue?

Removing the cowl seems easy enough 4-6 bolts holding it in? Is there a better way to clean the drain on the cowl?
I ask because I have never removed the cowl before.

I thought I would ask before I tear into it and get myself in trouble.

Thank You,

stationjj

2002ford

I have the same issue. I took my cowl off and put seam sealer in the original areas. I was also told it will come through the vents in your kick panels. The seam sealer helped alot but there is some water that gets in.

SPECIALTYLC

The kick panel vents are notorius for leaking. The seal on the back of the plastic vent is all that keeps the water out. If these were ever taken off ,they are really tuff to get re-sealed. Take a garden hose to the outside and see if water is coming in at the vent.

stationjj

Thanks everyone on your advice. I think you have confirmed my suspicions concerning my water leak. You also have pointed me in the right direction.

Odd that you mention taking off side kick panels. A few months ago I did remove the passenger side vent to paint and clean up. I didn't pay much attention to the re-sealing.

Since I am new at this. I learned something concerning the side vents.

Thanks,

John