• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cowl panel is rusted out... need some help

m37_power

The cowl panel between the windshield and hood of my M is rusted out. Can this be replaced easily? Im going to tear some more down tonight to see what i fine, but i thought i would see if anyone has replaced or knows of this. I think its part of the entire cab, but im hoping im wrong. Either way ill find a way to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Capt.Marion

It is a part of the cab, I'm afraid. I suppose you could cut the rusted section out and fab and weld in a new plate... you might loose your vent, though. Otherwise, your either in for a new cab or some serious rust repair.

If it makes you feel any better, I've spent the last 3 years putting off the exact same work on my M37...

M-37Bruce

Cowl Vent Repair

Your gonna need a donor, or eliminate it all together........personally, I'd miss the vent! Nick at home did it over on Robi's page. I think the windscreen needs to be off the cab to facilitate this repair, or at least make it a little easier. ;-)
Take some pic's we need 'em!

m37_power

i went last night and looked at my parts truck. the funny thing is its rusted beyond repair, but the cowl is in great shape. thats why im using it for parts. so i believe ill be doing some cutting and welding. i do appreciate the responses though. thanks again.

WarrenD

That's a bit of good luck. From what I've read, the cowl is one of the first place they rust.

m37_power

i will certainly take lots of pics. i have a goal to get it as close to finished as possible for the april rausch creek rally! i cant wait!