• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cowl Vent weatherstrip

centaur

Does anyone have a picture of a correctly installed cowl vent weatherstrip. The "-20" instructions don't match up with the weatherstrip I have.

jmassenga

I finally remembered to take a couple pictures. This is the original weatherstrip on my '63. Looks like it is glued into the recess in the cowl. I replaced it on my other M37, but didn't think to go out to that one and take a picture. As I recall, it came in a long strip, about .25" x .25" in section. I cut it to lenght and glued it in with weatherstrip adhesive. Hope this helps.

Attachments

WarrenD

I think I got mine from John at Midwest, kinda looked like fan belt, squarish cross section. I had someone tell me to fill the groove with black weatherstrip cement and when it was almost completely set, close the vent to form to shape.
I used the method as the 2nd poster.

centaur

Thanks for the replies

Your replies are helpful. What confuses me is the -20 says to apply sealant to the flat side, but the groove is round at the bottom. It looks to me that the round side of the gasket would be sealed into the groove, leaving the flat surface up to press against the cowl vent. Is that correct?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks