• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cracked Injector lines

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, Sorry Swiss.

I assumed they looked before asking. :doh:

Barrman

When you get the replacement lines. Make sure you clean the ends and don't make them gorilla tight. Hold the injector still with an open end 7/8" wrench and just snug the line down with a 3/4" open end. Only tighten down enough to stop seeping fuel. While making sure again the injector itself is tight and holding the injector. If you have to really crank down on the line to stop a leak, pull it apart and clean again because you probably have a spec of dirt in there.

Yes, there is a specified torque for the lines but using a crow foot socket and a torque wrench while holding the injector is not easy to do leaning over the fender and it will still leak if the injector is loose or there is dirt in there.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Five of my old lines cracked on the pump end. The old diesel mechanic that worked on it said the rubber clamps were missing and the vibration over time tends to crack the ends by the nuts. He also said not to bend them much when installing as it will destroy the glass like coating inside the lines and then they will tend to corrode/rust through.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks