• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cracked np 208

butch32

1981 thru 1984 have a tall adapter with 2 rubber mounts
1985 and newer have a short adapter with single rubber mount Should have posted that in your first post. LOL

Ken_86gt

I have the adapter from a cucv that I would sell for $30? I would not be able meet until Thursday evening though. And, if you decide that you need a TranferCase I will make you a good deal on that.

83k30

i j.b. welded my cracked 208. just had to drain the fluid, and scuff the area and its been holdin just fine.

Good luck with that. I tried that many moons ago on a crack at the rear of a TH400 case. It held for about a month or two, then separated. I eventually took the trans out and rebuilt it, and while it was apart, took it to a welding shop and had them TIG it. They also reinforced the back area while they were at it, and as far as I know, it never leaked again. I sold the truck a few years later, and that was several years ago.