• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crank pulley play: how much is acceptable?

cscmc1

Cscmc1,

Okay, got it now. I need a timing cover seal... Why did'nt you guys just say so.. LOL...
Also, it is not a $3.00 part, it is more like $12.00-$14.00...

I will be sure to get one when I get the balancer...

Thanks for the reference to the part #'s... I guess I will go to napa for a Dorman...

night...
You know, I don't know why those are all coming up at $12 now. Mine (O'Reilly's) was around $3, maybe even less. Wish I had my receipt handy! Ask at the counter, as they will be able to look it up. Just tell them it's for an '85 Blazer diesel.

CycleJay

Cscmc1,

No worries.. If I have to pay the going rate of $12-$14.00 so be it..
I am not worried about it, it should apparently be replaced when replacing the balancer.

But I will see what price comes up and inquire as to why the dramatic change in price.

Night...

cscmc1

Well I'll be... Just found my receipt, and the seal was $13.99 after all. I could have sworn it was much less. I must have been thinking of another part.

Anyway, O'Reilly PN for the balancer is PB1102N (PPI line), and it was $62.99. Seal was PN 3945 (NAT line).

Good luck!