• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

crank pulley to add A.C.

timdeejackson

Great Site. Just found and am addicted already. I have a 1986 m1008 and am adding air conditioning. Nostalgia air no longer sells a a complete kit for the m1008-m1009. I bought a general A.C. kit from them with everything except..............the add on crank pulley to run the compressor.
Does anyone know who sells this....or does a humvee 4 groove crank pulley bolt right up? Oh..I found out AFTER OD IRon sells a complete. Any/all help would be appreciated.

darkserra

I'm putting the NAP a/c system into my 1009 now. My kit came with all of the brackets and the a/c pulley that fits into the crankshaft pulley along with a spacer. Those parts of the NAP system were shipped separately from someone else. I'll try and remember to look on the box for the address when I work on the truck next.

darkserra

Okay, I pulled the box out with the a/c pulley. The kit is from Component Parts, 3100 Chesser Boyer Rd, Fort Worth Tx 76111. Kit # is 5255 86-87 Chevy Blazer 6.2L 2 Alt. The kit has some basic instructions (mainly some grainy pictures), 3 large brackets, bolts and small spacers, a single-belt pulley that fits inside the crankshaft pulley along with a large round spacer. If anyone wants, I can post some pictures of the kit.

lnnayers

thanks for posting the information. a fellow m1009 owner and i are wanting to put a/c in as well, i googled the company you posted, they are in fort worth tx. i called and got 2 kits shipped cod. when you google them just search till you find the same address as in the previous post, some of the other locations listed don't answer the phone.

darkserra

With this kit, both alternators fit and it stayed 24V.

If you search for my posts, I have thread with pics of the bracket kit.

DS

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks