• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

crap fuel filter gaskets

dmetalmiki

the people who design and manufacture these gaskets obviously dont use measuring instruments!.. or have quality control to ensure they (just might!) ((actually)) FIT!. I have seen posts before about these things being "difficult" to fit..(no one yet said they are B....Y IMPOSSIBLE to fit.). so here we go, fuel leaks and new gakets to "slip in" (humph!) IMPOSSIBLE without removing the filter mouting complete and then it's still a b....dy struggle. without stretching and greasing. anyway folks the quickest way with these things is to raise bonnet (hood) remove mounting complete with the filters. remove filters insert new gaskets, re-fit housing with filters attatched. much much quicker and straight forward. ( with these ill manufactured gaskets anyway. ) and in future, I WILL measure the new gaskets, and, if out of size. Well, that's the way I will fit 'em, with no more to do. (as they say in south south east mongolia!)

Attachments

Last edited:

mhassett

I have had to remove the filter housing to change the gasket also.
Now I only change the gasket if it leaks.
MHassett