• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Creality K1 printer

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just picked up a new printer to start testing a few things. A "high speed" printer by Creality. I have done a few upgrades like adding the camera. I've also ordered some non glue-stick build surfaces for it that will be in next week. One thing to note, I've changed out the nozzle to a hardened one. There's no real indicator on how it's retained. So I mistakenly simply wrenched on the nozzle and promptly broke the thermistor and heating element. So far I've only printed a few test prints in PLA. But my main reason behind it is to get the ability to print Nylon CF for some more heat sensitive/stressed parts. The build volume isn't all that great. But it does have a nice enclosure. Right now it's on sale at Microcenter for $370 after coupon. So far I like it. A lot more advanced than the older 8 bit stuff I've used.

HDN

Interesting, a Core XY unit! I really like the cartesian-style printers only because the bed only moves up and down. I started with a little bedslinger printer and will never go back!

I recently read something on Tom's Hardware about a new FDM printer that uses magnetic linear motors (like maglev) instead of the traditional steppers and belts - now that's appealing to me! A few less maintenance items to be concerned with!

If I get more into 3D printing work, I'd consider one of these over an Ender 5. However, I wouldn't mind an Ender 5 either since I already have an Ender 5 Plus, so it would already be a familiar printer to me.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks