• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

crew cab AND bobbed!

BillIdaho

I am tossing around the idea to bob and crew-cab a 5-ton (or duece). I cannot decide on which combination to go with. We have both duece and 5 ton (including 5 ton tractors) rigs available for donors. Moving the rear axle is a possibility as well. Any ideas?
A relatively well-known person in the business and I were talking about it, and couldn't decide on what we want to build. So many combinations.

mudguppy

i think lots of folks are waiting on the 5-ton "suburban" made out of an 818 - no bob'n required, just a lot more "cab".

i'm just sayin'...

13F10

I think that the 5 ton is a better platform, considering the amount of weight you'll be adding, not to mention, if you bob the bed, you'd get what your looking for out of it.
Just drop the middle axle, and bingo! A oversized suburban, in OD green. Can't beat it.

ccequipment

Check out my avatar, I just built this 2.5 ton, and got to drive it for about one month before it sold a few weeks ago. I was think about doing a 5 ton next, but they are just to big for me, I like to drive mine around town and you get all kind of looks and thumbs up. Mine had A/C and power steering. A 5 ton would be cool, but I don't like the big Cummins, its slow and sluggish without a turbo. Just turn a multifuel up in a 2.5 ton, watch the pyro and you will have a pretty quick truck. but thats just my 2 cents

BillIdaho

Ok, slappin' a HEMMTT cab on a 5 ton was mentioned....anyone ever try that? We can get HEMMTT cabs relatively cheap, and I think the steering linkage would be the biggest hassle. Like I said , 5 ton and duece chassis are a'plenty to work with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks