• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crew Cab Soon

Vondy

Day 1. Get parts.

Thanks Jeff, Todd, Chris and Dave for the eventful day. Not often do you actually have fun working so hard. I was able to get a cab, heater parts and a spare tire to start my build. I'll give it a name soon, not sure what will be most fitting.

End of day 1. Use of a crane truck.

Sure, you don't need a crane to move a spare tire, but why not! see pic

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pretty sure Jr. had a good time running the crane. It was good to get everyone together to wrench. Sorry I showed late, but I had to drive from Stretch's place!

Vondy

Day 2 of Crew Cab build: Remove the bed...check
This job could not have gone much better. Most of the bolts came right out, using a big breaker bar. Only three sheared off and none got stuck. All in all good progress for the day.
Next up, place second cab on frame and start fab work. Cleaning and repainting little by little as I go.
IMG_0609.jpgIMG_0623.jpgIMG_0624.jpgIMG_0625.jpgIMG_0647.jpg

Vondy

Not mounted yet. I'm still deciding what way I'm going to mount it and if I should work on all my fixes first, or mount it and then work on it. I don't have a shop big enough to pull the whole truck into, but I don't want to fix everything only to find out later I didn't need to. The options for mounting the 2nd cab are: 1 mount it like everyone else, cutting it and straightening it out, 2 mount it backwards, back to back so I don't have to worry about the angle, or 3 mount it forward but keep the same angle of the front cab making the back one wider.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking about doing a "mock up" on the frame to see which looks better. There are advantages and disadvantages to all options.

Vondy

Went with option two, suicide doors.

No do not have the sheet metal yet. Moved on to the other side cutting out the bad and replacing with good!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks