• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crew cab tandem deuce "MADISON" is Home!!!

Best camo pattern for this crew cab

• Total voters

HASSON1911

Boy do I feel dumb, took if for another drive but changed the road, took black top over gravel, and in fifth gear it did 2000 rpms and topped out at 42 mph. I had it yesterday on a hard pack gravel but it ,must have been wet enough to suck the power down. next up is finally starting the fabrication of the cab, and some windows is was a little cold today driving her down an open highway.

HASSON1911

Yea I think I will have to do this, after going on black top and only getting 42 mph. Does anybody know much about these trucks, my data plate says my 5th is O.D. but on my M35A2 is says 4th is. Just wondering who is wrong here.

Is this a turbo or non-turbo truck? If it has one, I'd be inclined to make sure it's spinning and getting oil. You can pull off the hose going into the air inlet, reach in with a finger (not running of course) and spin the impeller to make sure it spins freely. If it's got some gunk or rust in it, that would be potential cause for the low power output. Of course if it's got a whistler and it's a-whistlin', no need to go through taking the duct off, in that case I'd look into the IP and the timing.
Good luck and can't wat to see some more pics of your progress.
:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks