• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Croft Pintle Ring Adapters

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only rated CL II, 3,500 lb limit? You'd be right on the limit with a fully loaded M101. Quite a few users routinely overload their M101's, seems like using this adaptor would limit your trailer's usefulness.

I'd go with a ball/pintle combo hitch for your truck. It's a lot more versatile, not much more in price, and are widely available rated for 10,000 lbs.

I spent the whole afternoon looking for something like that to tow a air compressor.
The one i saw had two cast iron forms that were round on the outside and the inside looked like a mold for a 2" ball. You put the two half of the mold looking piece over the ball and slide a piece of pipe over the two halves and two bolts went through it, one kept it so the pipe couldn't slide up and the other was so the lunete ring couldn't slide up off the pipe.
If anybody knows what they are called or where to find one, i would be grateful.

sggoat

Here's what I did with my M101A2
Had a ball/pintle combo installed on my Land Cruiser before I got the 101. Made a two piece pipe combo out of some 2-1/2" copper pipe I had. Just slips down over the ball and keeps the lunette from hammering-only has ~ 1/8" play in the hitch.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'd use that with an MBT/M100/M416 but nothing larger.

Tplane37

I'd be pulling a 32ft 24k lb trailer (designing it at the moment) with a deuce on it from time to time. Wanting to be able to tow the same trailer with my XM211 or my dually depending on what I have on the trailer.

So I want the proper lunette on the trailer to match the pintle on the XM211, and the proper pintle on the dually to match said lunette.