• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cross country relay challenge.

greenjeepster

Thanks sedohr and Tlauden.

The route will be I-80 for the most part. Pickup will be in Yuba City CA.

Ideally these would be the transfer locations:

Salt lake city 640 miles

Cheyenne 440 miles

Lincoln NE 444 miles

Toledo OH 752 miles

Southbury CT 650 miles

Any adjustment can be made to transfer locations and I may even need to move the rout farther south depending on weather.

These cages are attached together in groups of 5 so it is only 100 packs to transfer. I could do the transfer alone in about 30 minutes. I prefer trucks have bows and covers.

I don't think they would all fit in just a m105 trailer, it is a total of 8 pallets, barely fits on a deuce size bed.

Last edited:

sedohr

ok, sounds good. toledo is about 1.5 hrs north of me. i've got a buddy (also deuce soon to be owner) up there that i could crash/stage prior to pickup if needed.

i was figuring a min 10+ hrs stint so your mileage puts that closer to 12-14 hrs or so...... don't know, just a guess.

i've got the bows / cover too.

long distance isn't an issue with me. past july drove solo back from joplin, mo - 11.5 hrs and only stopped for fuel and unloading some coffee. :)

pm me as this moves along and i'll provided cell # if there's an interest. btw, no driving issues in 35+ yrs of driving. think i got pulled over for speeding when i was 19 and on the way home from buying my new radar detector (bear in the air got me!!). heh heh

thanks,
randy
ohio
m35a2

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally I would not do it with any Deuce. We are talking about live cargo with an expiration date on it. One simple breakdown could jeopardize the entire cargo, especially if it is out in the middle of no where.

I would fly out and do a one-way rental of a Ryder truck and be done with it, or rent a truck and trailer and drive out and back.

Don't take this as being against the MVs, while it sounds like a good time I'm just a little more pragmatic about things like this, and I like bees so I do not want to see someone lose a zillion of them.

greenjeepster

I wanted to revive this thread. I have made some changes to the original plan. I have scrapped the idea of transporting them all the way across country and will be picking up the bees in Baxley GA on May 2nd. I am using my deuce to go down and get them and bring them back... I will be headed down I-81 to I-77 down and back...

If anybody wants to meet up along the route; let me know. I plan to take my time on the way down, but because of my live cargo will be in a hurry to get back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks