• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crossover steering box question

M1009Kev

Hi all, I'm new here and have been doing a lot of searching, but can't seem to find the info that I'm looking for.
I have an M1009 with the stock 6.2. The steering box has four hoses -- two from the pump and two going to the master cylinder.

My understanding is that I would need a 2wd steering box for the crossover. But my question is where do I find a 2wd box with the four ports that's made for the M1009s?

Any help would be appreciated,
Kevin

rcamacho

You only need a 2wd sector shaft. Great time to rebuild the box with new seals / bearings.

Most Saginaw boxes only came with 2 fittings for power steering pressure/return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1009Kev

You only need a 2wd sector shaft. Great time to rebuild the box with new seals / bearings.

Most Saginaw boxes only came with 2 fittings for power steering pressure/return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks rcamacho! That would make things so much simpler -- I never thought of that.