• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crossover steering box question

M1009Kev

Hi all, I'm new here and have been doing a lot of searching, but can't seem to find the info that I'm looking for.
I have an M1009 with the stock 6.2. The steering box has four hoses -- two from the pump and two going to the master cylinder.

My understanding is that I would need a 2wd steering box for the crossover. But my question is where do I find a 2wd box with the four ports that's made for the M1009s?

Any help would be appreciated,
Kevin

rcamacho

You only need a 2wd sector shaft. Great time to rebuild the box with new seals / bearings.

Most Saginaw boxes only came with 2 fittings for power steering pressure/return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1009Kev

You only need a 2wd sector shaft. Great time to rebuild the box with new seals / bearings.

Most Saginaw boxes only came with 2 fittings for power steering pressure/return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks rcamacho! That would make things so much simpler -- I never thought of that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks