• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cruise Night Mendon, MA 8-17-12

AnonymousOne

I am in. Should we try to meet up around 4pm and convoy in?

I am sure we can get a few more trucks to join us.

Is there an off site place to rally in the area for trucks that don't fit in your standard D&D parking lot?
:grd:

crazywelder72

Im gonna have to pass also. My trans is up but i still havent adjusted the clutch yet then still need to put the rest back together.

Even if it was done.... I looked on mapquest and the bulk of my route would be on the pike. I dont think that would be wise. The troopers are everywhere on there and they are ticket hounds.

crazywelder72

cool thanks.... One day this year I want to get down to Bass Pro Shops for a show. My brother-in-law is a 20 year old diesel head and lives in bellingham. He is dying to have me roll in there to show my truck to all his friends.

chevyCUCV

Im gonna have to pass also. My trans is up but i still havent adjusted the clutch yet then still need to put the rest back together.

Even if it was done.... I looked on mapquest and the bulk of my route would be on the pike. I dont think that would be wise. The troopers are everywhere on there and they are ticket hounds.
Get it done already! I got a couple tanks of fuel left for you.

Kalashnikov

It was an excellent show! Just AnonymousOne and I from the forums. There were 4 other MVs there and loooots of cars and trucks.

I've been trying to make it to Bass Pro but I haven't had a chance to fix the oil leak and I don't want to chance the distance. I hope to bring my Marauder to the next BP show in 2 weeks.

I'll post pics later.

AnonymousOne

The car show was great for us .. but lame for everyone else ... we where the only 3 cars / trucks that showed up for the whole show ... may be there was a boycott going on or something.

It was really weird having a parade come by for just us 2 trucks and an El Camino

Anyway there was a nice couple that passed by and one guy stopped to look at my bumper.

I am not sure what Kalashnikov is talking about all the MV's and over 1,000 cars and trucks of all different types ... Next thing your going to hear him say .. that there was a live band, lots of motorcycles doing stunts, tons and tons of free rides for kids, a huge sea of people and lots of people wanted to talk about MV's and get pictures next to our trucks ... Don't believe the hype .. if it was that fun a lot more Steel Soldiers will try to show up next year. We can't have that. :razz:

Attachments

AnonymousOne

I think it's just markingi its territory! :beer:
Yuppers!! You win a cigar :beer:

Well no comments on my dry humor or the blue dress ... are you guys alive out there :)

Here are some pic's I got of the other trucks .... Oddly enough I never once took a pic of the other non-MV's there .. I must really have the MV addiction because in my younger years I would have been all over super bikes and muscle cars .. First show I went to and never took one pic of those.

Anyway --- About the pic's ... Deuce, Dodge Power wagon, and German re-enactors ..

The last pic is the line of cars as far as you could see moving at less than a 1 mile an hour to get into the show ... I burned a quarter of a tank of diesel ($40) just idling though traffic to get to the front gate. My wife wasn't happy about the MV trip to begin with .. sitting in traffic for an hour .. She was fit to be tied. She did calm down a bit once she realized how impressive the car show was.

Honestly for those that might consider the drive... it was AWESOME. I can't thank Kalashnikov enough for posting this thread. There was something for everyone .. even for people that don't like cars, live bands, smoke shows, carnival rides, they had America's got Talent on a big screen TV.

Did I mention the port-a-potty was an air conditioned trailer? Yeah the place truly had everything.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kalashnikov

Does the 10T always loose a quart when you park it or was this a special occasion?

Usually it's about gallon.

And and and....there were excellent fireworks around 10. Better than any of the 4th fireworks around here.

and and and...there were burnout after the fire works.

and and and....more fireworks!!

Probably one of the best shows around.

jaymcb

I've gotta go there next year....but the hour in traffic in an MV sounds less than fun. I sat in over an hour of traffic near giants stadium when I was driving mine home from MD. The truck didn't like it; neither did I.

crazywelder72

I just heard that the Bass Pro Shop car show in foxboro is this Thursday night. I'm gonna try to hit that. Not sure if anyone else wants to meet up and convey in?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks