• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crushed Fuel Line?

eagle4g63

Get a hold of Gimpy....he had some secondary filters for cheap, they also come with the right "O" rings.....you will want to get at least 2 sets from him(very cheap) clean the tank(best to NOT use acid it will also remove the seal coating on the tank-you will later have rust in the tank), run some cleaner and anti bacterial agent through the truck and change the secondaries again after you run the tank of cleaner, it should knock most of the stuff loos in the lines on the truck and end up in the filters.....might also want to take off a couple of your injector bypass lines....they are the little plastic lines on the top of the injectors..... check to see if the algae got in them, if so you might want to take off all the injector lines and clean them out.

rwminck

Well, because I have more money than time or brains, I am going to buy a new tank. Will replace the secondary filters first (a few times as recommended). I can see the injector lines where some paint is chipped of and they look nice and clear. I will post the secondary filters as soon as I get them out this next weekend. Thanks for the helps everyone!

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
while you are at it, you should replace ALL the plastic lines with air brake line. doing it now will prevent a fire that you will regret. all standard line sizes and far better that the copper and nylon it came with.

rwminck

line.jpgline2.jpg
Finally had some time to get my fuel line fixed and this is what I came up with (I know, bit of over kill). It is 36" long and it runs from the primary filter to the front of the oil pan middle bolt which is secured with a rubber lined strap, then to the injector assembly. I very happy to know it is tucked out of harms way. Now just waiting for my order from JaTonka. Tank from TNJ is next!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Still going over the truck and replacing parts and in my investigation, besides the crushed line, I decided to by some spin on from John Tennis. Since the one on the passenger side is kind of a PITA to get a wrench on the 1" nut due to generator, I chose that one first and the oils filters and will do the driver side next. It is amazing tha the truck ran at all with the crushed line and this filter...uugh.

Not mentioned, but I had also had nasty oil leak around the cans. Found out there was no O-rings on either one.

View attachment 469583
I was told I should check this thread out. I know I am late to the party, but if you still have this filter, I think its one of the re-useable ones. Did it feel like a ceramic media? You should be able to spray it with brake cleaner and put it back in(after it dries).

wb1895

Take the copper line and fill it with fine dry sand. Then try to bend it, the sand should prevent the copper line from kinking. The clean the line out and install. I should add, when you fill the line with dry sand, pack it in as tight as you can and make sure both ends of the line are capped/ sealed to prevent the sand from coming out

Last edited:

wb1895

Walt, I tried that many timesand never succeeded. Its noot aseasy as it sounds.

I have tried it once and was successful, but I was also using a cheapo brake line bending tool. It was so cheap it was kinking the line, so I filled it with sand, capped the ends and it bent without kinking.

RAYZER

I have seen tubing benders that are like heavy springs, they slide over the tubing and prevent kinking,works pretty well. Some on ebay.

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking about replacing my copper line going from my primary filer to my injection pump. My concern is that the air going over that fuel line will cool down my WMO blend of fuel in the colder months and take more force to pull fuel though the lines. The other concern is its vulnerability to getting crushed again by who knows what. I know it might seem as a stretch, but its a thought. I was also thinking about going from 3/8" line like it is now, to 1/2" hose. After working with WMO when it is cold, I know how much shear strength in smaller hoses works. It can be very hard to push/pull oil through even a 3/8" hose. I do not know the GPM that goes through these lines, but would there be any advantage of switching from a 1/2" hose from the primary to injection pump or is it already over kill? Should I just stay with 3/8"? I know the line going from the tank to the primary filter is 3/8" I believe, so I know unless it is all 1/2", I may not be doing anything at all.

Someday I am going to do my own test to find out what the GPM is of this system at rated RPM (calculated flow). Ill set the throttle to 1000 rpm and see what the return line pushes out. I am curious to see what it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks