• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CSM Army Tires vs Waiting for Aftermarket Wheels & Tires

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone here used CSM Army Tires? I currently have old date code Goodyear MT OZ tires on some rough to fair 12 bolt rims, that I'm not comfortable with on the highway anymore. I was originally going to convert to 17" wheels and all terrains, but the wheel and tire shortage has had made me rethink that at least for the time being.

CSM has 90% Goodyear MTR's for a decent price, as well as good condition 24 bolt rims. With the run flat insert removed and something like a centramatic installed, can you smooth out the ride, or should I just bite the bullet and wait until I can get aftermarket wheels and all terrains again? Just bought a rhino tire carrier and need something to match whatever I do for a spare as well.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Has anyone here used CSM Army Tires? I currently have old date code Goodyear MT OZ tires on some rough to fair 12 bolt rims, that I'm not comfortable with on the highway anymore. I was originally going to convert to 17" wheels and all terrains, but the wheel and tire shortage has had made me rethink that at least for the time being.

CSM has 90% Goodyear MTR's for a decent price, as well as good condition 24 bolt rims. With the run flat insert removed and something like a centramatic installed, can you smooth out the ride, or should I just bite the bullet and wait until I can get aftermarket wheels and all terrains again? Just bought a rhino tire carrier and need something to match whatever I do for a spare as well.
Try @South he has plenty of D and E tires.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am still happy with my purchase from CSM. New BFG’s without runflats and using the Trailworthy bead locks along with Centramatics. I think they are quieter than the MT’s which were previously mounted. The big change in my opinion was getting rid of the runflats. Plus, keeping the stock military look was important to me.

60E5786A-205C-42BC-9F3A-2701C4398773.jpeg

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have called twice and left voicemails with no return to date. I also have a set of dodge 3500 steel rims that I am contemplating swapping over with 18" tires. Nearly identical offset, with many more choices in tires.

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am still happy with my purchase from CSM. New BFG’s without runflats and using the Trailworthy bead locks along with Centramatics. I think they are quieter than the MT’s which were previously mounted. The big change in my opinion was getting rid of the runflats. Plus, keeping the stock military look was important to me.

View attachment 852098
All CSM has right now are new BFG on 24 bolt wheels WITH the runflats installed. I would love to go with the setup you have there, but that's stumping me, plus I can't get anyone at Trailworthy Fab to call or return any emails about their PVC inserts.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
All CSM has right now are new BFG on 24 bolt wheels WITH the runflats installed. I would love to go with the setup you have there, but that's stumping me, plus I can't get anyone at Trailworthy Fab to call or return any emails about their PVC inserts.
Does feltz not have anything in New Boston?

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does feltz not have anything in New Boston?
Feltz still has newer BFG's and some wheels, but I cant get in touch with Trail Worthy Fabrication regarding their PVC beadlock inserts. I heard running the Trail Worthy inserts and a centramatic gets you a pretty smooth ride vs using the factory beadlock run flat inserts.

CSMARMYTIRES

I have called twice and left voicemails with no return to date. I also have a set of dodge 3500 steel rims that I am contemplating swapping over with 18" tires. Nearly identical offset, with many more choices in tires.
VERY SORRY FOR YOUR MESSAGES NOT BEING RETURNED, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME 256-996-2097. I PROMISE TO RETURN YOUR CALL AND THANK YOU FOR CALLING US.

PHILIP BOYD
256-996-2097

McP47

I can vouch for CSM ….ordered 5 90% MT/OZ and had them shipped to a local commercial truck shop who did the install with run flats on 12 bolt. That was last spring. Tires shipped quickly and were as advertised. Been working out great for me so far.

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought some black rhino armory rims w/ 37x12.5R17 Atturo Trail Blade Boss M/T. No idea what it will look like but I’m hoping it looks good. I can’t get myself to drive on take off wheels. They were taken off for a reason.
That was my second choice behind 24 bolt wheels but no one has had any black rhinos available around me for over 8 weeks. They’re all saying sometime next year before they’ll have any again.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought some black rhino armory rims w/ 37x12.5R17 Atturo Trail Blade Boss M/T. No idea what it will look like but I’m hoping it looks good. I can’t get myself to drive on take off wheels. They were taken off for a reason.
Many times the military units will swap out tires on trucks that are being deployed, even it it is just to the NTC. All 'new' rubber is better than a flat in their way of thinking. "But sarge, we just changed that tire last month" "Shut up and put a new one on, troop".

dhaumann69166

“For a reason” and military logic don’t always go together. Sometimes the reason for parts being replaced can be as simple as a newer version came out so swap everything to the new part even if the old part has zero miles/time.
That and if you don’t spend ALL your allotted budget this year, next year Uncle Sam will cut your budget. Better to throw money away this year so we get it again next year becomes the mind set in all aspects of government from military to forestry. So if you want money for tires next year and the year after you better go ahead and spend the money this year on tires even if they are brand new. Completely stupid but that’s our tax dollars at work.

Last edited: