• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Command Module Dead

RECONJON

Hello All,

I looked around the forum and did a search and came up with nothing, excuse me if there is a post out there on this. I was wondering if there is a TM for the command module for the CTIS System. Mine is dead at the moment and I wanted to trouble shoot it. No Power is all I can say. Displays are blank and the unit will not power on. Any and all help on this is appreciated.

Thank you

Jon

neonhomer

I have never seen one of these modules, so I can't give too much info.. that and I am a noob to green machines....

With that said... I assume when you power up the unit (or the truck) the display is supposed to come up. If the unit was working, and then just died, the first thing I would do is open it up and check for bad/cold solder joints. Vibration, heat/cool cycles, and even an assembly person asleep at the switch can all lead to joint failures.

While you have the unit open (remember to take pictures for posting later!), check for any obviously burned or damaged components. A cold solder joint could have caused a resistor to overheat, go out of value, and so on and so on....

Rustygears

Did it ever work since you got the truck? Many are electrically disconnected in prep for disposal sale but the head and all the bits are left in place. Just the power and some plumbing is disconnected.

The head displays immediately when the on switch is pushed. It shows the SW version first. After about 2 sec it then goes into normal operation. I just used mine this morning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks