• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ctis delete or cap off procedure. To be completed at 2014 ssga rally

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have used search.

there are bits and pieces found here and there about removing or deleting ctis from the m939a2 series.

nothing I can find on what exactly you need to do and buy to complete the process.

I don't want to re invent the wheel if it's not necessary.

a fellow member here and I will be exchanging tires from my m931 a2 to his A1 model. Going from singles on mine to his 11.00s and duals

All of this is going to be done at this years steel soldiers ga rally.

anyhow if there is a thread you can point me to please share I can't find one.

if you know what to do please chime in.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I swapped out the rear axle on the M923A2 I bought I removed the CTIS. I got the plugs that go in the axle housing at a place that makes hydraulic hoses. You have to plug both sides of the axle and seal off the main line that runs to the manifold on the axle itself.
I bought extra plugs, if I can find them I'll bring them to the rally.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found their kit. $90 for 4 plugs 4 bolts and some rubber grommets seems like a tremendous mark up. But it does come with instructions. Guess that's worth something

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman. Do you know what size plugs? Thread pitch? What did you do for the front wheels?

thank you.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just not sure really. I have been told by an army mechanic to unplug the system and install valve cores. Multiple answers

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Spicer CTIS system does not pressurize the lines to the wheels unless a pressure change is called for. Since you will be going to duals, you can remove the wheel end hoses and plug the fittings with a bead of silicone or whatever. Then unplug/remove the ECU controller and the PCU pneumatic control unit will just sit there forever.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy getting the 14 r20 ' s and combat wheels needs a way to cap off the wheels also. Ideally this would be shraeder valves with the correct thread pitch on both sides of the valvestem piece. Also workable is shraeder valve on one side and dead end on the other. I found some dead end plugs that work, although you get a slow leak unless you put some kind of sealant on them. I can post a pic if needed, but hopefully you'll have shraeder valves and won't need to resort to such...

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All you need to do on the wheel (front or back) is add a valve core, just like on the spare tire.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So. For me on the A2 truck after removing the 14.00s. I can simply cover the fittings on the ctis system with silicon or whatever , unplug from the back of the shifter and put my new 11.00s on? Good to go?

I just don't want to be stuck at the rally with the inability to build air. It seems to me the systems would be intertwined.

the guy getting the 14.00s tires needs to put valve cores in the tires and he is good?

MtnSnow

Yep the guy getting the 14's just needs to put valve cores in.

Your truck will still build air even if you don't plug your CTIS lines but will fault (error code/flashing lights) so just unplug it in the cab but it's best to also plug your air lines/fittings to keep crap out of the system.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK I am out of town working the minute I get home will be leaving for rally.
Chuck find out what kind of cores we will need for your tires and if you can get them because I will not be able to.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK I am out of town working the minute I get home will be leaving for rally.
Chuck find out what kind of cores we will need for your tires and if you can get them because I will not be able to.
I have plenty of valve cores. They all are pretty much the same

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep the guy getting the 14's just needs to put valve cores in.

Your truck will still build air even if you don't plug your CTIS lines but will fault (error code/flashing lights) so just unplug it in the cab but it's best to also plug your air lines/fittings to keep crap out of the system.

What is the best thing to plug them with? Is it a screw in pipe fitting?

Last edited: