• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS highway light continuously flashes

Illgetyou22

I have a issue with my CTIS, I went through the TMs and wasn't able to find a identical trouble shooting to the problem I am having maybe some else here has seen this. I start my truck and right off the bat the light is flashing for highway without me pressing it. I have ran the truck for 30-45 mins and the highway light continues to flash. I checked for leaks and found one in cab and fixed it (connection was loose) then repeated the process and got the same result. I've have searched through the forums and came up with no results.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It starts trying to air up the tires at startup, thats normal. I If it never stops flashing then it never achieves filling them up. Another leak somewhere most likely.

5tonman1971

My m925a2 does the same thing sometimes it will flash for about 25-30 minutes then goes solid. Then some times the hwy and xc lights will stay solid. But it works really well and fills the tires really quick.

Hawssie

It can take some time to fill up all 6 tires at once, depending on starting pressure and at what rpm and the duration the engine has run. It also depends CTIS system will open up the truck's air supply to the tires after it hits around 120 then it will continue filling unless or until the truck's air pressure drops below 90 psi. Then it will stop filling up and wait for the pressure to recover to 120 psi again and then repeats this cycle until CTIS pressure either reaches 70 PSI or if there is a leak, until the leak gets too bad then it will shut down and do the "5 blinkys". So as you can you see, if you have no leaks in the CTIS but leaks in the rest of the system it will still cause a slow to almost no fill up. Leaks in the CTIS just compound the problem. I ended up putting an air pressure gauge on the outgoing line from PCU. That way when the system is in fill up mode I can visually see what pressure it has currently reached. BY watching this gauge and the other two it gives you a visual look into what the CTIS system is doing. Its not necessary but it is helpful.

Hawssie

Skip the first reply!

It can take some time to fill up all 6 tires at once, depending on the CTIS starting pressure and at what rpm and duration the engine has run at. You can get some idea by watching the stock gauges to see how fast your trucks air pressure is recovering while in fill up mode. The CTIS system will open up the trucks air supply to the tires after the trucks supply hits around 120 then it will continue filling unless or until the trucks air pressure drops below 90 psi. Then it will stop and wait for the trucks air supply to recover back up to 120 psi and repeat this cycle until the CTIS either reaches 70 PSI or if there is a leak, until the leak gets too bad, then it will shut down itself and do the "5 blinkys". So as you can you see, if you have no leaks in the CTIS but leaks in the rest of the system it will still cause a slow fill up. Leaks in the CTIS just compound the problem, and visa versa. I ended up putting an air pressure gauge on the outgoing line from PCU. That way when the system is in fill up mode I can visually see what pressure it has currently reached. BY watching this gauge and the other two it gives you a visual look into what the CTIS system is doing. Its not necessary but it is helpful.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also if a tire is way lower than all the rest it should fault.
I have to hit run flat on mine some times and it will bring it up then go to flashing hwy then to solid.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How and where do I go about turning up said governor?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks