• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ctis info: Looking to find

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in process of putting together a SOCOM modded Pinzgauer that was originally modified by Special ops types W/CTIs H1 dropgear assy's and I am looking for Air/Electrical schematics of the original Hummer set up as most of what I have appears to have been taken from the factory system.
Any info or pics of this system would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks........popacom/BILL [thumbzup]

dilvoy

The Later HMMWV Geared Hub Assys do have the hole through the Wheel Spindle and through the Steering Arm. They are not used though and are plugged so just because the late type Geared Hub Assy was installed on your vehicle, dosen't mean that they were used in conjunction with the rest of the system. Some HMMWV's did have the system installed, but very few.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me start by saying that I have knowledge of what constitutes CTIS on the HMMWV as I work for a Govt.
contractor and see these trucks allmost every day and I know what you are saying ! I have seen the plugged passages
you are speaking of. And I am also aware that most not all H-1 ...s ,military ones anyway don't have CTIS as the Army did'nt buy it in mass. However the drop
gear assy's on my SOCOM Pinz had air lines that had been attached and sol. valves etc. " IT HAD CTIS " my problem is that the Govt. guys practiced their skills
of destruction on lines ,wiring ,etc. prior to releasing my donor truck and I just want to study how the HUMMER CTIS was configured so I can plan my own version to replace all the components they FUBARed during their de-mill (READ:making fit for U.S -citizen consumption) I have had no luck on WWW coming up with any info ,air/wiring schematics etc. and the only thing I have been told is that the early
civy. units were made up with C.O.T.S. components and the latter units used a AM Gen.designed manifold ,I am smart enough to design my own with out these but
as I have learned over my years as a mech.&MV nut(35 +years worth) is look at the other guys idea before you strike out to" re-design the wheel" is usually a good idea,as he might have thought of something you would'nt.
This said , any info ,links to info,drawings etc. that anyone here could supply would be "GREATLY" appreciated.

popacom........BILL KAGIN III:driver:

cptmorgan

Popacom, I have the A.M. General civilian H1 service manual,the CTIS section has about 40 two sided pages covering the CTIS system maint. w/specs. and drawings.Looks like you could build the whole system from it.I made a .pdf of it which I could send you......if this is what your looking for.

Last edited:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the funniest thing I read your post and my right leg hiked up and I toasted my Corgi pup!LOL
That would be fantastic cptmorgan ! Sounds like it should cover all my questions, If it's not too much trouble
please send that at your convenience , I am the kinda guy who tries to return favors so if I can be of any help on any
issues at hand on your end please feel free to PM or PH: 859-808-0836 . Thanks for your interest and help.

popacom...........BILL KAGIN III ........KI4QQB........in KY.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks