• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS ist working, BUT......

MarcM35A2

CTIS IS working......
Hey guys, have a problem..... fixed my CTIS. And it works! BUT... it does not bring the pressure over 42-43psi on all tires.... why???? Switched to highway mode and only the HWY Led is flashing as it should. But it is flashing all the time. That means that the CTIS is trying to bring the pressure up, right? So why does it not bring up the tire pressure?????? And how long does it take to bring the pressure up when everithing is working?
Thanks for your help!

MarcM35A2

Well Had an air loss at the Interlock air cylinder. So I was loosing to much pressure in the system to bring the tire pressure up! But Now it is working again. What problem do you have with your CTIS???

chadande

Well Had an air loss at the Interlock air cylinder. So I was loosing to much pressure in the system to bring the tire pressure up! But Now it is working again. What problem do you have with your CTIS???
Don't know. It is disconnected and I havent had it long enough to play with it. The guy that disconnected it said that all the buttons were flashing when he prepped the truck for me.
When it warms up I plan to try to get an idea what it wrong.

MarcM35A2

The flashing lights are a fault code. its important to know how many lights are flashing..... two, four or all..... But all is the worst thing. That means the ECU or the main valve ist damaged.

The flashing lights are a fault code. its important to know how many lights are flashing..... two, four or all..... But all is the worst thing. That means the ECU or the main valve ist damaged.
My 932A2:

The light for the selected pressure will flash for about 10-12 minutes then all 5 lights will flash. I have not yet disconnected the control box like the TM states.

MarcM35A2

Yes... like I said. 5 flashing led´s means a damaged ECU or main valve. And, you can´t overwrite the vault code. When you have 4 lights flashing, you can ovewrite the code pressing the "hwg" button and then the "runflat" button. After that both buttons are flashing until the system raises pressure to highway level. But that only works for 4 flashing lights...... When 5 flashing you have to replace the ECu or the valve. (It is possible to repair the valve... see TM)

Fauld codes are described in TM 9-2320-272-24-1 Table 2-7 Troubleshooting CTIS, Page 359

Last edited:

chadande

Yes... like I said. 5 flashing led´s means a damaged ECU or main valve. And, you can´t overwrite the vault code. When you have 4 lights flashing, you can ovewrite the code pressing the "hwg" button and then the "runflat" button. After that both buttons are flashing until the system raises pressure to highway level. But that only works for 4 flashing lights...... When 5 flashing you have to replace the ECu or the valve. (It is possible to repair the valve... see TM)

Fauld codes are described in TM 9-2320-272-24-1 Table 2-7 Troubleshooting CTIS, Page 359
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing what the issue is.

greenmonster

It takes a long time for it to get to highway mode. I would say from x to hwy it takes about 20 min if I am rolling down the hwy at say 35-40 that number is smaller but it takes a while I would let it do its thing but get it out on the road and get the wheels turning. I have found my truck likes the wheel seals in the axle warmed up and the engine at road rpm's. A lot of times I will unplug the unit and wait for it to get some miles on it then plug it back in and let it go. In the cold I have found it does not like to purge so I need to go to run flat and let the system push some air out before going up with it. You don't have to go all the way flat just let it dump some air...seems to work for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks