• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS leaking at wheel valve

ke5eua

CTIS started leaking at what I can only assume is a check valve at the wheel.

Attached is a picture of what is leaking. I've tried taking a screwdriver to it and no matter what direction I go with it, it doesn't stop.

Can I just remove this piece and block it off? Looking at the other 5 wheels two of them don't have this piece.

I did search but didn't see anything related to this part. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

charlesmann

if you remove that, it will deflate your tire till you install a schrader valve in the stem. I did away with all my ctis stuff on my l/fmtv wheels. Several of my wheels had the pictured fitting, then the rest had a fitting with no adjustment thingy. You may just have a piece of trash preventing it from closing fully. Might not hurt, if you are gonna keep your ctis, to take it off and sock it in a mild detergent to loosen up the gunk inside, or simply bang it on something and hope the trash dislodges and it reseats for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks