• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS mystery wires.

ramdough

All,

Behind my passenger kick panel, I found a couple of wire will ring terminals on them. I am wondering what they should be connected to.

Will post pictures next post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdough

I am assuming this should be 12v or 24v based on the A1 schematic.
1DD026F6-48CA-4A13-9729-3B60FAA62D1F.jpeg

the other one is a mystery…. Maybe same terminal as the CTIS one?
72EC7F66-29C9-4F06-BE4D-A484F443FCC1.jpeg

any insights here?

my CTIS never worked yet.

ramdough

Are those the actual wire numbers 501 and 502? Are they in a wire bundle with other wires, if so what are those numbers?
I will look closer. The ends are loose, but let me see where they go into a bundle.

My truck is an A1 but has the A0 accessory harness/PTO-winch halfway installed. So far, the only thing installed is the p210 harness. The dash harness is being modified per my other thread.

I think that is original truck harness.

Last edited:

coachgeo

My truck is an A1 but has the A0 accessory harness/PTO-winch halfway installed. So far, the only thing installed is the p210 harness. The dash harness is being modified per my other thread.

I think that is original truck harness.....
to help others find that in future searches, that lead them to this thread....... maybe post link?

ramdough

to help others find that in future searches, that lead them to this thread....... maybe post link?
This thread:

ramdough

Ok, looked again. The wires are loomed together, then go into a massive wire harness under the pdp.

B8237E07-3109-4C50-82CA-6755539B8D99.jpeg

they are labeled with aluminum labels TL501 and TL502

ramdough

Ok, looked again. The wires are loomed together, then go into a massive wire harness under the pdp.

View attachment 882452

they are labeled with aluminum labels TL501 and TL502
Still can’t make sense of these wires. I looked at the wire diagram and can’t decipher if they need to go to ground (my assumption) or maybe power. Anyone have any thoughts.

Other wires I have traced out better, but not these for some reason.

Ronmar

So were you ever able to see if there are any wire numbers stamped on the wire insulation itself. Usually black numbers on the white insulation. Typically 4 characters like 461B or 1911 ect… you may have to unwrap the wire bundle a little to access enough wire to get to the numbers…

B-Dog

They go to a pressure switch that would turn on the brake lights, used on the tractor only. I don't know for what purpose and the device isn't labeled in the schematics (see G197) nor is it called out in the switch table. If you do trace wires on the schematics, the location direction call out for wire 1594 from the switch on grid G197 is mislabeled as C180 - it's actually C188.

The switch is in the lower right in this picture:

ramdough

They go to a pressure switch that would turn on the brake lights, used on the tractor only. I don't know for what purpose and the device isn't labeled in the schematics (see G197) nor is it called out in the switch table. If you do trace wires on the schematics, the location direction call out for wire 1594 from the switch on grid G197 is mislabeled as C180 - it's actually C188.

The switch is in the lower right in this picture:

That was very helpful.

Thanks! I guess I will just tape them off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks