• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Only Half Inflating

gauspohl

I'm new here so take it easy on me. I recently bought my first surplus vehicle, the mighty M923A2. It ran fine for a couple months but it blew a radiator cap while going down the road. I've since drained and replace the fluid and radiator cap but ever since the CTIS will only fill the tires up like half way. It gives no flashing light codes and will hold steady at the sand setting but at XC and highway it just stays flashing likes its trying to fill but never does. I've sprayed every fitting, line, tank, connector i can find on the truck and only found 2 extremely small leaks. I'm suspicious of the pneumatic controller since its the one thing i can't find any details about. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm new here so take it easy on me. I recently bought my first surplus vehicle, the mighty M923A2. It ran fine for a couple months but it blew a radiator cap while going down the road. I've since drained and replace the fluid and radiator cap but ever since the CTIS will only fill the tires up like half way. It gives no flashing light codes and will hold steady at the sand setting but at XC and highway it just stays flashing likes its trying to fill but never does. I've sprayed every fitting, line, tank, connector i can find on the truck and only found 2 extremely small leaks. I'm suspicious of the pneumatic controller since its the one thing i can't find any details about. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Hi and Welcome to the Site!

So, the simple fact is that CTIS has nothing to do with your radiator. I mean I know that both things happened at the same time - but they aren't connected by plumbing - in any way. There are several valves in the CTIS system.

So, take a look at this thread:

The filter could be stopped up.
Remove it and soak it in brake parts cleaner.

Get the system all up to pressure, Shut engine down and restart truck. Press the highway mode if it clicks then you hear some air moving in the valve body on the floor then the valves outside makes a noise and then all the lights flash....

If when you push the button it just flashes and flashes then all five start flashing it is not seeing the correct pressure in the secondary wet tank. I had this problem and just jumper-ed the switch. the down side to this is there is a possibility, be it a slight one that the tires can be filling up and you can loose brakes. I have had this bypassed for a while now and it airs the tires up so slow that I have never seen my secondary pressure drop bellow 100psi when airing up the tires. Jump switch at cannon plug and see if system operates.

You might also read the few page summary on CTIS attached below

Attachments

Last edited:

gauspohl

Hi and Welcome to the Site!

So, the simple fact is that CTIS has nothing to do with your radiator. I mean I know that both things happened at the same time - but they aren't connected by plumbing - in any way. There are several valves in the CTIS system.

So, take a look at this thread:

The filter could be stopped up.
Remove it and soak it in brake parts cleaner.

Get the system all up to pressure, Shut engine down and restart truck. Press the highway mode if it clicks then you hear some air moving in the valve body on the floor then the valves outside makes a noise and then all the lights flash....

If when you push the button it just flashes and flashes then all five start flashing it is not seeing the correct pressure in the secondary wet tank. I had this problem and just jumper-ed the switch. the down side to this is there is a possibility, be it a slight one that the tires can be filling up and you can loose brakes. I have had this bypassed for a while now and it airs the tires up so slow that I have never seen my secondary pressure drop bellow 100psi when airing up the tires. Jump switch at cannon plug and see if system operates.

You might also read the few page summary on CTIS attached below
Thanks for the speedy reply. I figured the radiator had nothing to do with it but i also figured some background to the situation might help if something got affected that I don't know about. I will check the air filter for it and report back.