• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Parts TM? Speed signal generator wire needed.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M936A2 is missing the speed signal generator wire(back of the transfer case) which explains why the overspeed light is solid on. Having trouble finding the wire or any CTIS wiring or parts in the -24P TM's. Is there another TM for the CTIS parts or am I just blind?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I believe there is a pickup piece on the back of the speedo that sends the speed signal. If you have a bad speedo cable you will get a constant overspeed light sometimes.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tms show the speed sensor on the back right side of the transfer case. Sure enough I'm missing the cable that goes to that connector. I can't find the part or any part of the ctis system in the -24P...... Is there some other parts TM for ctis parts on 5 tons? Correction..... I have the speedometer cable, it was hiding, but not the part that goes between the speedometer cable and the transfer case. Also have wiring I don't know what connects to it close by along the right side a little further back. Here's the part I'm missing on my M936A2 (shown on my M923A2) and the wiring connector missing a connection to where?

EDIT: looking at it, I think it's not the speedometer that connects there. That part generates a signal to the CTIS independent of any speedometer cable. IF you look at the top of it, there are two wires coming off it. At least one of them must connect to that connector in the first photo. I cannot find that speed signal generator or the wiring in the parts TM -24P Help please!

Attachments

Last edited:

SHAD0W D0CT0R

I am also needing some help with my CTIS, mine wont turn on almost like there is not any power going to it. As soon as it warms up i will test some wires but would you happen to know where the CTIS plugs in opposite of the plug on the lcd itself to get power to it? Thanks

Marc23760

I know this is an old thread, but I am looking for the device that goes between the transfer case and the speedo cable. Mine is locked up and is not only giving me an overspeed solid light, but it is the reason my speedo isn't working. I am trying to find a replacement with no luck. (the item in pic 3 of post #4 with the large nuts on both ends).

If someone has a parts truck and is willing to sell it please PM me.

thanks,

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ctis is very much worth having.
Mine in my green truck works great.
Putting the system back together in my tan truck
Just need the 4 wheel hub to wheel valve connectors

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread, but I am looking for the device that goes between the transfer case and the speedo cable. Mine is locked up and is not only giving me an overspeed solid light, but it is the reason my speedo isn't working. I am trying to find a replacement with no luck. (the item in pic 3 of post #4 with the large nuts on both ends).

If someone has a parts truck and is willing to sell it please PM me.

thanks,

PM sent as I think I can help.

Marc23760

Ctis is very much worth having.
Mine in my green truck works great.
Putting the system back together in my tan truck
Just need the 4 wheel hub to wheel valve connectors
I agree. I have one tire that isn't connected and adding air on even a semi regular basis is a PITA. Its nice to know something other than you is keeping the tire pressure checked.

Even with the overspeed light my CTIS is still working, its not having a speedo that bothers me, I would like to keep my mileage use accurate.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have a set of the newer style rear wheel valves and mounts that don't slide off. They are the lmtv style valves that all screw together not like the old ones that had the friction mount off the short stem coming out of the hub.

Sgt Mo

I am new to posting on here but need help finding the signal generator and the drive pin that goes between the transfer case and the signal generator on an M923A2. My signal generator seized up and sheared the key on the drive pin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks