• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS question

BadMastard

I'm going with Gary on the CTIS. It's rarely the valves, so my CTIS is all connected and I inflate through the schrader on the ctis valve. It does on other thing that helps, though it doesn't sound like it at first. If your outer axle seal is loose, it will leak gear oil out the ctis valve. That's a bad thing, but knowing your hub is full of gear oil is a good thing!

To disconnect the easy way and remove the ctis valve, take the 90 degree brass connector off the wheel and take it to a car quest/NAPA/plumbing store. Get a "tank" schrader valve (shorter version of the schrader) and an adapter to make it fit on the 90. Then you can put the 90 on the wheel stem, and it won't poke out past the rim. while your tire is deflated, remove the wheel weight on it, and you can remove the rest of the ctis gear at your leisure. I capped the hollow studs at first with brass caps to keep the leaky oil in place, and if someone accidentally turned on the ctis, it would simply malfunction versus blow a lot of air out.

Once the seals were good, I put all the CTIS plumbing back on, and simply don't use it. it's happily performing absolutely nothing all day long.