• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS system for an A3

crzyxj

So I happened across a complete, and I mean complete CTIS system for an A3. How difficult would it be to install it on an A2 or would it be worth the effort? It was meticulously removed from an A3 that is going into wildland fire service. I have everything all the way down to the wheel bearings. only one wire had to be cut off the vehicle harness. Will I need all A3 backing plates and hubs? Those are the only parts I do not have.

tobyS

I disabled mine on my A3 and now have tires that stay up. Do you go between soft sand and highway all the time to need it? Check out the price of one wheel bearing....I would not like going to all the work and install used bearings. Sorry, I can't say which parts need to be changed. There are probably plenty of bobbed trucks to get them from.

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't try to install a CTIS on an A2 deuce. A lot of effort and trouble. If you want an operating CTIS on a deuce, buy an A3.

tobyS

There are times I long for the days of tubes when I see nearly new radial super singles sitting flat.

Eliteweapons

You would need to swap the axles out to A3 axles for the air connections or get the custom bearings, spindles, hubs and drill the axle tubes and knuckles for the air connections. You would also need to get the A3 rims, wheel weights and valve assemblies. Not worth it at all in my opinion. Max tire pressure maintained is programmed to 45 psi. Mine started acting up and found someone before me booggered up the axles o-rings for the bearings and front hubs so I just disabled it. Keep in mind that the A3 bearings are VERY expensive (about $800 for one wheel).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks