• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS that worked great, but now...

crolfe1984

What things should one check out on the ctis when buying a truck?
Best thing I can tell you is to test it out. The truck has to start and then the CTIS will start pumping as soon as the pressure builds. Try out the different modes by selecting the black buttons. If you see a 5-flash or a 4-flash there is a problem somewhere. Also walk around and listen for air leaks.

There is a good thread on CTIS here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/archive/index.php/t-105463.html

I also lucked out when I bought my truck. The collector I got it from told me one of the many reasons he purchased this particular truck was it had the factory stickers on the tires and another sticker on each wheel that said "CTIS Serviced." I'll take that with a grain of salt, but those tires were new and my CTIS has worked great so far. There must be some truth in there.

CUCVLOVER

I have another question.
Are the m923 and m925 plus the little differences with the a2 a3 and what have you the only trucks that came from factory with ctis.
I haven't found a ctis unit on a m35a2 so that is why I ask. Thank you.
Chase

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everybody.
I've looked at the m923 and m925 and everyone with one to sell wants like 10 grand is that to much for those trucks?
They're worth what you want to pay. Personally I think 10 is too high. The most I paid for any of mine was the 936A2 wrecker at $6100, M35A3 $4900 , M923A2 $3250 , M931A2 $2777, M923 $2150 I much prefer to take my chances bidding on GL than pay 3 times what I got them for. Sure they all had some issues I had to fix and still do with some tires leaking down due to mostly Oring leaks, but I bid on most of them blind just using the video as my starting point. The worst problem I have is the wrecker won't go into 5th lockup. I'll figure that out when it gets warmer. My M923 had a bad oil cooler was getting oil in the coolant. A few hundred dollars in parts and my labor doesn't come anywhere close to 10K. :)

dawico

Thanks everybody.
I've looked at the m923 and m925 and everyone with one to sell wants like 10 grand is that to much for those trucks?
They are worth twice that but you don't have to pay that much. Ten grand seems to be where the private market prices them. Like stated, they usually go cheaper at auction but it is a gamble.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I have any more questions that are not worthy of a new thread is it OK if I post them here?
Okay CUCVLOVER, stop hyjacking threads. This is a CTIS thread not a How much is this worth thread.

You have done this in other threads also.

Take this as a friendly warning from a moderator. Next time it may not be so friendly.

Last edited: