• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Transducer

Third From Texas

So a few years back I swapped out the OEM transducer for a 150psi version that fills the tires to 75psi via the CTIS system.

My CTIS controller went tits up/brick and I now have an Arduino replacement from Plasa ready to install. I'm thinking that to get it to work correctly, I'll need to replace the OEM transducer.

The problem is that it appears I didn't save my old one (or if I did, I hid it in a very safe place that I can't find).

Anyone know what the psi is on the OEM transducer?

Last edited:

ramdough

So a few years back I swapped out the OEM transducer for a 150psi version that fills the tires to 75psi via the CTIS system.

My CTIS controller went tits up/brick and I now have an Arduino replacement from Plasa ready to install. I'm thinking that to get it to work correctly, I'll need to replace the OEM transducer.

The problem is that it appears I didn't save my old one (or if I did, I hid it in a very safe place that I can't find).

Anyone know what the psi is on the OEM transducer?
The arduino controller does not use the original transducer…. I think it uses the 150psi one. At least that is what I remember. Reach out to @Plasa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, the arduino reads the value from every transducer, what change is the value compared to the pressure.

Christian
The arduino controller does not use the original transducer…. I think it uses the 150psi one. At least that is what I remember. Reach out to @Plasa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third From Texas

No, the arduino reads the value from every transducer, what change is the value compared to the pressure.

Christian
That's what I'm trying to determine. I know the upgraded one was 150psi and that the OEM was lower, but I don't recall how much. I didn't mention the OEM size on the video I made about changing them out. And I'm not finding the OEM info on other videos so far.

Not sure the value difference at the actual transducer. I'm going to guess that it's a 110psi but not confirmed. 110psi per axel = max 55psi per tire (OEM). Where 150psi per axel = max 75 per tire (what I have in there now). But that's just a guess of what's taking place.

I'll ask over on FB (as much as I detest that highly censored, politically biased waste of bandwidth).

Ronmar

The OEM transducer is 0-100 PSI for 0-5V output. That is why the 150PSI boosts tire level. The controller doesn’t know pressure, it knows voltage. 55PSI on the 0-100 sensor is 2.75V. 2.75V on the 150 PSI sensor is around 80PSI… I am not sure what sensor Christians is programmed to read, but if it is a 0-100 and it is programmed to fill to a higher voltage, a 0-150 sensor could cause the controller to push the tire pressure into dangerous territory…

Oh and oressure isn’t divided per wheel. The PCU manifold fills to the programmed pressure and that pressure is distributed equally to all wheels. iE: 55 PSI at the PCU = 55PSI at the tires… like water, air seeks it’s own level…

Third From Texas

The OEM transducer is 0-100 PSI for 0-5V output. That is why the 150PSI boosts tire level. The controller doesn’t know pressure, it knows voltage. 55PSI on the 0-100 sensor is 2.75V. 2.75V on the 150 PSI sensor is around 80PSI… I am not sure what sensor Christians is programmed to read, but if it is a 0-100 and it is programmed to fill to a higher voltage, a 0-150 sensor could cause the controller to push the tire pressure into dangerous territory…

Oh and oressure isn’t divided per wheel. The PCU manifold fills to the programmed pressure and that pressure is distributed equally to all wheels. iE: 55 PSI at the PCU = 55PSI at the tires… like water, air seeks it’s own level…
Yep, yep. Rgr all.

That's why I just want to put it back to the OEM for the Arduino setup.

I suppose the software could be simply adjusted here, but the goal here is to confirm it works on the A1R. We know it will, but one less rock in the cog if I put it back to OEM.

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can let the 150psi sensor in, it's not a problem. But you need to change the mode presets to read the correct value from the transducer. Since my ECU can set 4 diffrent pressures you can put almost every pressure per mode. Easiest thing is to inflate / deflate the tires to the right pressure, check with a gauge on the tire, and set the new pressure on the ECU under EME, SND, XC or HWY mode.

rafique_edwards

Are there still
You can let the 150psi sensor in, it's not a problem. But you need to change the mode presets to read the correct value from the transducer. Since my ECU can set 4 diffrent pressures you can put almost every pressure per mode. Easiest thing is to inflate / deflate the tires to the right pressure, check with a gauge on the tire, and set the new pressure on the ECU under EME, SND, XC or HWY mode.
Are these still available

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks