• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Wet Tank Haldex Outflow Valve

m1079

Trying to get my CTIS working and found the Haldex Outflow Valve from the Wet Tank not allowing any air through it.
Took it apart as far as I felt comfortable with out any replacement parts or manuals. Got it soaking in penetrating oil, hoping to break free any internals at this point. Anyone find a source or alternate P/N for a replacement valve?WP_20150924_17_05_42_Pro.jpg

m1079

Yeah, I just took the picture in between adjustments. I tried turning it all the way in and out.
Just wondering if someone has a good Haldex link.
I'd like to completely disassemble the valve but not sure if the diaphragm inside is supposed to be bonded or removable and replaceable.

m1079

Should the stem be all the way in? Look at how mine is
lmtv772-does yours have a number 1 and 2 embossed on the inlet and outlet side of the valve?
WP_20150925_11_50_24_Pro.jpg

After soaking mine in penetrating oil over night the internals have freed up and I can get air through it in the logical direction from 1 to 2. I think the Motor T guys must have installed it backwards to disable the CTIS and not deal with the headaches. Maybe? Or they induced their own inop CTIS problem.
Can you verify if you have the embossed numbers on your valve and which direction they're oriented?

Really appreciate it.

Lmtv772

Banned
I looked at all the Lmtv at our trainings facility and they all are similar looking as far as the adjustable pin is concerned. You might want to take that as your guideline

Attachments

Lmtv772

Banned
That adjuster is to adjust the purge pressure btw, it should be set at 150psi, if you go lower it will constantly dump. if you go higher , you will start blowing lines.

m1079

Thanks Lmtv772! That's what I thought. #1 on the Tank (supply) side.

I just got done putting it in that way, tightened everything up and no more 5 blinking lights.
Everything seems to be working like it should right now. I may have a slow leak at the Front Right wheel but the CTIS seems to be happy now.

It didn't have a CTIS Controller when I got it about a year ago. Just now getting around to tinkering with it. I hope I didn't open a can of worms trying to maintain the CTIS.

Thanks again.

Lmtv772

Banned
I am a bit curious what you've loosened up with your penetrating fluid . I opened up the valve and these are the internal parts. There is a rubber membrane I hope your fluid didn't dissolve it

Attachments

m1079

Yeah. I didn't actually have the whole valve submerged in fluid, just a couple drops in the inlet and outlet sides. Like the large rubber diaphragm on top( or bottom depending on orientation),there's another rubber diaphragm / spring loaded check valve on the outlet. It was getting air pressure on the wrong side the check valve for so long it was stuck closed in that position. Sprayed it down with some contact cleaner and wiped off any oil. Everything's working fine for now. Knock on wood.

Lmtv772- Thanks again for taking the time to pull yours apart to look at it.