• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV 454 Conversion

bbbang

I am slowly but surely finishing up the 454 conversion of a m1009. I got the hole cut in the hood today. Thought some folks might like to see a couple of pictures. I have a GTO style hood tach that goes on next, then off to the exhaust shop on Monday. Chris

Attachments

POOR WHITE BOY

Keep an eye on your engine temp. I had that same perma cool fan set up - very expensive - on mine and it kept having overheating problems. They make another set up that is for the duramax diesel that fits the radiator core size alot better. Mine now stays at 155 degrees all day long:-d

bbbang

On this coversion, it has three belt setup (supercharger, alternator and power steering)although it looks serpantine in the pictures, big electric fuel pump on a switch, electric water pump, electric fans, hooker headers, msd ignition. I am putting a 3" dual exhaust set up with cutouts that will open and close with a electic switch. I also have a NOS powershot that I will put on it next week. The 10 bolt and 3.08's will soon be history I have totally rebuilt a 3/4 ton corporate 14 with detroit locker for the rear and dana 44 for the front with 4:10 gearing. The m1009 will have a 3" lift and 33" tires. I have already put a full set of hot rod gauges in it and will watch the heat. I am installing a hood tach like the old GTO's. I will shoot a picture of the gauges, and post then, they also turned out nice. I appreciate everyone's comments, it should be a fun rig. Chris

bbbang

Here are a few gauge and switch pictures. I am pleased with this set up, the pictures are so so but they will give you the idea of what I did on the M1009. The first switch this is on "red light" is the one for the electric fuel pump on the fuel tank. Chris

Attachments

bbbang

The hose was a pain. I finally found one that would work, but it was trial and error. I will look and if I find the part # I will post it for others doing the conversion. Chris

bbbang

Got my exhaust installed, here are a few pictures. Went with dual 3" exhaust with cutouts because I wanted to be able to move alot of air from the supercharger. Chris

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks