• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Alt

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're the same regardless. You can use a civvy on the left (driver's side), but not on the right (passenger) side.

gt1009

you're gonna have to special order that alt, I just did it, and the guys at NAPA had no idea what they were doing. Tell them that it's a military vehicle. I think the alt is listed under the Wilson product line.

CCATLETT1984

Just go to an alternator shop near you, they can rebuild a bad one. Just tell them its got an isolated ground. If you need a core to have rebuilt, I will have a few in the next week or two. Just PM me.

mprice

I had a problem with the passenger side alternator on my CUCV and finally found a match through NAPA. In the civilian world it is for an '84 chevy heavy duty truck. Having mine rebuilt was cheaper.

mangus580

I'm sorry 22.... please forgive me...

(I am suprised his camera still worked when he got to your place... he did take some pics of me prior)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Correct, but the parts are commonly available at any generator/starter shop worth its salt. That is really your best course of action.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, both are iso ground ones.. Go to a decent alt shop, they will hook you up. Just ask GB about our quest for one.. Took us to 3 states, and 24+ hours.. The answer was 15 minutes up the road from me at the Alt shop.. My guy fixed it within 20 minutes...

jumpmasterjim

I priced the alternator at "believe it or not" PEP BOYS for $560-, they had the part number in the computer special order. I almost had a cow. I went to a rebuild shop and $165 each they completely rebuilt it with guarentees.

Armada

Definately rebuild the one you have. A good shop that specializes in starters and alternators will know what to do for a heck of a lot less. I had both of mine completely rebuilt for $65 each. They did my starter for $120.