• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv bed mounting bolt frame spacers?

quiksilver1j

I own a m1031 with a long bed and need to find the spacers for the extra long bed mounting bolts. I was searching through the tms to find the bolt torque and i see that there are spacers that fit into the U channeled frame to prevent the frame from bending. Any clue on the size of this spacer... It looks to be about 2-3 inches tall?
Id rather just buy one but ill have one machined if i cant find it anywhere.

Also if any one know how much to torque the bed mounting bolts to that would be help out as well..

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Terracoma

Are these the tube spacers that go inside the "C" of the truck's frame to keep it collapsing?

I removed a set from an M1028 and can measure them if we're talking the same pieces.

Terracoma

Steel (Round) Tube Spacer Dimensions

For any futures searches, the NSN for this part is: 5365-01-194-5074

Overall length: 7-3/8"
Outside diameter: 1-1/4"
Wall thickness: 3/16"

Material type: Appears to be DOM, no visible weld seam

I'll try and edit some photos into this post tomorrow for clarity, but mine have a sleeved insert (bushing) on one end of each of the spacers. They're fairly corroded, so I'm not sure if my I'm forcing an over-measurement with my calipers, but the inside diameter of the sleeve is approximately 5/8" or so. Not sure how critical this sleeve insert thing is, since the long bed bolts pass all the way through and the load ought to be compressive, rather than shear.

As for bolts, the -20TM calls for 1/2" bolts to be torqued to 65-lb/ft for Grade-5, and 90-lb/ft for Grade-8. The long bed bolts that I have are 1/2" diameter by 12" long and were installed with blue thread-locking compound, making them a joy to remove, as I didn't notice the blue residue in the threads until afterwards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks